§ 5. The education of students is to combine academic and professional development with formation in moral and religious principles and the social teachings of the Church; the programme of studies for each of the various professions is to include an appropriate ethical formation in that profession. Courses in Catholic doctrine are to be made available to all students(51).
Ex Corde Ecclesiae
“Well…, we got the professional development part down anyway.”
Meet Davey Wavey: Keep in mind that according to this articulate young entrepreneur he was raised Catholic, attended Catholic School and Catholic University…
His “Theology of the Body”, partially transcribed, follows his pitch:
- Remember that where there is love there is God, and it doesn’t matter with whom that consensual love is shared.
- Call in sick the day they talk about the “sin” of masturbation.
- Sublimate your “Catholic guilt” with regular exercise.
- Remember that all the rules, all the laws, and all the regulations were written by people, and that people have a pretty good track record for lapses of judgment.
- Internalize only those teachings that ring true in your heart. You don’t need to believe something just because a man in a robe tells you it’s true. Think for yourself.
- Read the David and Jonathan story in the Bible (1 Samuel: 18). And if ever you’re doubting yourself, read it again because those two were so doing it.
- As you get older, if this is an option, (and if you want to stay Catholic), try to find a more progressive Catholic church in your area.
- Go to SoulForce.org, their wonderful folks, really courageous, and read the publication, ‘What the Bible Does and Doesn’t Say About Homosexuality’.
- Trust God enough to accept yourself as you were created to be. And, yes, this takes guts and you’ll have to go out on a limb, but God will be out on that limb with you.
- Know that our good friend Jesus never said one word about same-sex relationships. all the words came from other people.
- Realize that loving yourself isn’t a sin. It’s respecting the creation that God made, which is you.
- When you hear people say that you’re going to go to hell because your gay, and you’re going to hear it, have the courage and trust in God’s love, and not doubt that.
END OF POST/BEGINNING OF PRAYERS